Doing whatever you can to put your house’s best face forward is very important if you want to get close to your asking price or sell as quickly as possible. Short of spending a lot of money, here are several ideas for making your home show better.
- Sweep the sidewalk, mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and clean debris from the yard.
- Clean the windows and make sure the paint is not clipped or flaking. And speaking of paint, if your home as built before 1978, new federal law gives a Buyer the right to request a lead inspection. If you think you might have some problems, do the inspection yourself beforehand and make any fixes you can.
- Make sure your doorbell works.
- Clean and spruce up all rooms, furnishings, floors, walls and ceilings. It’s especially important that the bathrooms and kitchen are spotless.
- Make sure basic appliances and fixtures work. Get rid of leaky faucets and frayed cords.
- Make sure the house smells good. Hide any kitty litter.
- Put vases of fresh flowers throughout the house.
- Having pleasant background music playing in the backyard will also help set your stage.
Make your home more appealing with these low cost tips!
- Trim the bushes so they aren’t blocking any windows or cutting down ton light.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Put a pot of bright flowers by the front door.
- Put new door knobs on the front door.
- Be sure all toys are put away.
- Buy a new mailbox.
- Upgrade outdoor lighting.
- Clean your gutters.
- Buy new towels.